Every student a future-ready and responsible digital learner
To equip students with baseline ICT skills and competencies in order to be effective and responsible digital users
To cultivate a culture of innovation amongst staff to design quality ICT learning experiences
Ms Siti Nur Aisyah (SH ICT – Internal)
Mr Sharudin (SH ICT – Internal)
Ms Evelyn Leow (OIC)
Mdm Pauline Heng
Mr Calvin Tan
Mr Yap Cher Yung
Mr Chang Cheng Liang
Mdm Li Jing
Ms Evelyn Leow
Mdm Nur Aishah
Ms Siti Nur Aisyah (MRL Coordinator)
Mrs Agnes Lee (EL Coordinator)
Mdm Yu Wei (CL Coordinator)
ICT Level Coordinators
Mdm Li Jing (P1)
Mrs Agnes Lee (P2)
Mr Calvin Tan (P3)
Mdm Pauline Heng (P4)
Ms Evelyn Leow (P5)
Mr Redzuan (P6)
ICT Support Team
Mr Alex Huang
Desktop Engineers (DE):
Mr Wong Chee Wee
Overview of ICT Education in Poi Ching School
The school takes an integrated approach to the use of ICT for teaching and learning. Beyond the lessons specifically designed to teach digital literacy skills, IP and Non-IP departments strive to integrate the use of ICT into their curriculum.
The table below lists the ICT baseline skills and competencies to be acquired at each level (2021):
Coding Enrichment Programme
During the Coding Enrichment programme, P4 and P5 students developed their digital literacy by learning basic programming techniques and understanding of computational thinking through creation of animated games that can be played by their peers.
Here are some of the learning outcomes of the programme:
Code for Fun Programme
During the Code for Fun programme, P6 students learnt the following:
- Computational Thinking and how it can be applied to other aspects of the students’ lives
- Basic programming concepts such as events, loops, variables and functions were taught to the students
- Develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills by breaking down problems into bite-sizes
- Promote collaboration through small group peer-learning. They also got a chance to work together to program a dance using their Sphero robotic kits!
- Students ended off the 10-hour session with an introduction to Artificial intelligence
Our ICT Mentors lead in the use of ICT tools in their lessons and conduct professional sharing with other staff to cultivate the use of ICT in teaching and learning. During Circuit Breaker in 2020, our ICT Mentors played a pivotal role in upskilling all teachers to facilitate the implementation of Full Home-Based Learning.
In 2021, our ICT Mentors continue to provide professional development for all staff via SLS.
Student Learning Space (SLS)
- As part of its commitment to nurturing future-ready learners, the Ministry of Education had announced that all students in Singapore schools will be supported in their learning by the Singapore Student Learning Space (SLS), an online learning platform that contains curriculum-aligned resources and learning tools.
- With the SLS, students will be able to learn better through the use of technology. Students will be able to learn anytime, anywhere, and at their own pace, whether independently or with their peers. Teachers will also be able to use the SLS to complement their classroom teaching, further enriching students’ learning experience.
- Our teachers will guide your child in activating the SLS account and using the learning platform.
- We look forward to your support as we help our students strengthen their learning through the SLS.